Zebulun (zĕbˈyōlən) [key], in the Bible, son of Jacob and Leah, eponymous ancestor of one of the 12 tribes of Israel. Its allotment was in N Palestine W of Mt. Carmel. The judge Elon was from this tribe. Apart from their bravery in the battle against Sisera, the Zebulunites played a minor part in Israel's history. An alternate spelling is Zabulon.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Zebulun from Fact Monster:
- Zabulon - Zabulon Zabulon , same as Zebulun.
- Dabbasheth - Dabbasheth Dabbasheth , in the Bible, border city of Zebulun.
- Gaddiel - Gaddiel Gaddiel , in the Bible, leader of Zebulun sent by Moses to explore Canaan.
- Sarid - Sarid Sarid , in the Bible, location, N ancient Palestine, on the border of Zebulun.
- Jokneam - Jokneam Jokneam , in the Bible, Canaanite royal city, later a Levitical city of Zebulun, SW of Mt. ...