base: see acids and bases.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on base from Fact Monster:
- acids and bases - acids and bases acids and bases, two related classes of chemicals; the members of each class have a ...
- Chemistry - Find facts about chemistry.
- BASES - Many cleaning products, such as soap and oven cleaner, are bases. Bases neutralize (cancel out) acids. Alkalis are bases that dissolve in water. Stron
- Vandenberg Air Force Base - Vandenberg Air Force Base Vandenberg Air Force Base, U.S. military installation, 3,456 acres (1,399 ...
- acid-base indicators - indicators, acid-base indicators, acid-base, organic compounds that, in aqueous solution, exhibit ...