bookworm, popular name for the larvae of several beetles that bore through books, e.g., the drugstore, spider, and deathwatch beetles.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on bookworm from Fact Monster:
- Bookworm Quiz: 1 - Bookworm Quiz Test your knowledge of Katie Kazoo, Judy Moody, Ramona, and other terrific titles ...
- Animal Jokes - Silly animal jokes
- Clifton Fadiman - Clifton Fadiman May 15, 1902–June 20, 1999 by Beth Rowen Clifton Fadiman, writer, critic, ...
- Clifton Fadiman - Biography of Clifton Fadiman, Host of the radio quiz show Information Please
- Batman - Biography of Batman, Star of the Batman movies