cochlea (kŏkˈlēə) [key]: see ear.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on cochlea from Fact Monster:
- ear - ear ear, organ of hearing and equilibrium. The human ear consists of outer, middle, and inner ...
- HEARING - Our ears allow us to detect sounds, which pass through the air as waves of varying pressure. On reaching the ear, the waves travel through several str
- EAR - The ear is the organ of hearing and balance. The outer ear collects sound and directs it to the sensory structures deep inside the skull.
- Georg von Bekesy - Bekesy, Georg von Bekesy, Georg von , 1899–1972, American biophysicist, b. Budapest, Hungary, ...
- hearing aid - hearing aid hearing aid, device used in some forms of deafness to amplify sound before it reaches ...