composite, alternate common name for Asteraceae or Compositae, the aster family.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on composite from Fact Monster:
- composition, in art - composition composition, in art, the organization of forms and colors within the work of art. In ...
- composition, in ancient and medieval law - composition composition, in ancient and medieval law, a sum of money paid by a guilty party as ...
- aster - aster aster [Gr.,=star], common name for the Asteraceae (Compositae), the aster family, in North ...
- COMPOSITES - A composite is a combination of two or more different materials. The new material combines the best properties, such as strength and lightness, of eac
- COMPOSITION - Most music is imagined first and then written down as a composition in a SCORE. The music might be vocal or instrumental, for a single singer or a big
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Plants