Compton Gamma-Ray Observatory
Compton Gamma-Ray Observatory: see gamma-ray astronomy.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Compton Gamma-Ray Observatory from Fact Monster:
- SPACE OBSERVATORIES - High above the Earth’s atmosphere, space observatories such as the HUBBLE SPACE TELESCOPE can view the Universe much more clearly than observatories o
- Encyclopedia: Space Exploration - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Space Exploration.
- pulsar - pulsar pulsar, in astronomy, a neutron star that emits brief, sharp pulses of energy instead of the ...
- SPACE - Everything that exists – stars, planets, galaxies, and all that lies between – makes up the Universe. Scientists believe the Universe is 4 per cent or
- gamma-ray astronomy - gamma-ray astronomy gamma-ray astronomy, study of astronomical objects by analysis of the most ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Space Exploration