cosmetic surgery, plastic surgery for cosmetic purposes, such as the improvement of the appearance of the face by removing wrinkles or reshaping the nose.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on cosmetic surgery from Fact Monster:
- plastic surgery - plastic surgery plastic surgery, surgical repair of congenital or acquired deformities and the ...
- breast implant - breast implant breast implant, saline- or silicone-filled prosthesis used after mastectomy as a ...
- silicone - silicone silicone, polymerin which atoms of silicon and oxygen alternate in a chain; various ...
- Tori Spelling - Biography of Tori Spelling, Donna Martin on Beverly Hills 90210
- Michael Jackson - Biography of Michael Jackson, The eccentric 'King of Pop' who recorded the album Thriller
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Medicine