fibrin: see blood clotting.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on fibrin from Fact Monster:
- blood clotting - blood clotting blood clotting, process by which the blood coagulates to form solid masses, or ...
- threonine - threonine threonine , organic compound, one of the 22 α-amino acids commonly found in animal ...
- anticoagulant - anticoagulant anticoagulant , any of several substances that inhibit blood clot formation (see ...
- CIRCULATORY SYSTEM - The circulatory system is centred on the HEART, a muscular organ that rhythmically pumps BLOOD around a complex network of BLOOD VESSELS extending to
- Encyclopedia: Anatomy and Physiology - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Anatomy and Physiology.