genus, in taxonomy: see classification.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on genus from Fact Monster:
- Classifying Animals - Classifying Animals The inventor of modern scientific classification was Carolus Linnaeus ...
- classification - classification classification, in biology, the systematic categorization of organisms into a ...
- Animal Classification - Homework Center – Frequently Asked Questions Animal Classification How do I find out the ...
- gherkin - gherkin gherkin , species of gourd of the cucumber genus.
- syringa - syringa: syringa: see saxifrage. For the genus Syringa, see lilac.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Biology: General