geothermal energy: see energy, sources of.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on geothermal energy from Fact Monster:
- hot spring - hot spring hot spring, natural discharge of groundwater having an elevated temperature. Most hot ...
- ENERGY SOURCES - Everything we do takes energy, which we get from many different sources. Most of the energy on Earth originally came as light and heat from the Sun. I
- Iceland: Economy - Economy About 15% of the land is potentially productive, but agriculture, cultivating mainly hay, ...
- Types of Energy - Types of energy including renewable and nonrenewable sources.
- sources of energy: The Search for New Sources of Energy - The Search for New Sources of Energy The environmental consequences of energy production have led ...