gyre: see ocean.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on gyre from Fact Monster:
- What does it mean? in medias res - in medias res The following is an example of verse beginning in medias res — a.) "In the ...
- ocean: Currents and Ocean Circulation - Currents and Ocean Circulation Surface Circulation The surface circulation of the oceans is ...
- OCEANS - About 71 per cent of our planet’s surface is covered by oceans and seas. In order of size, the five great oceans are the Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, So
- OCEANS - Earth’s five oceans (the Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Southern, and Arctic) are constantly moving as tides rise and fall and winds whip up WAVES and hel
- Encyclopedia: Geology and Oceanography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Geology and Oceanography.