haw, common name for several plants, e.g., the hawthorn and the black haw (see honeysuckle).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on haw from Fact Monster:
- hawthorn - hawthorn hawthorn, any species of the genus Crataegus of the family Rosaceae (rose family), shrubs ...
- Lord Haw-Haw - Haw-Haw, Lord: Haw-Haw, Lord: see Joyce, William.
- black haw - black haw: black haw: see honeysuckle.
- honeysuckle - honeysuckle honeysuckle, common name for some members of the Caprifoliaceae, a family comprised ...
- Stephen Hawes - Hawes, Stephen Hawes, Stephen, c.1475–1530, English poet. His best-known works, the two ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Plants