herbivore: see carnivore.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on herbivore from Fact Monster:
- carnivore - carnivore carnivore , term commonly applied to any animal whose diet consists wholly or largely of ...
- BIPEDAL HERBIVORES - As well as the giant plant-eaters, there were several other groups of smaller herbivores, including the ornithopods, which means “bird feet”. These su
- LONG-NECKED HERBIVORES - The biggest land animals to have lived on Earth were the sauropods, which means “lizard feet”. These giants were the long-necked herbivorous (plant-ea
- What Do You Call Them? - What Do You Call Them? Although these words sound scientific, they are commonly used to describe ...
- Spelling Bee - Figure out which of the red words below is spelled incorrectly and type the correct spelling in the ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Zoology: General