jeep, small, durable automotive vehicle intended for heavy-duty applications and sometimes provided with the capability of delivering driving power to all four wheels. The last feature allows superior performance on slippery surfaces such as those formed by ice or mud. The earliest jeeps were used by U.S. military services during World War II.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on jeep from Fact Monster:
- Bruce Bairnsfather - Bairnsfather, Bruce Bairnsfather, Bruce , 1888–1959, English illustrator and author, b. ...
- Car Names - In a Dodge Diplomat, a soccer mom feels positively patrician
- The Top Ten: Most Polluting Cars - December 17 - 24 Most Polluting Cars, 2007 Rank Car Model MPG, City MPG, Highway Green score1 1. ...
- Least and Most Polluting Cars, 2007 - Least and Most Polluting Cars, 2007 The ACEEE's Green Book®, a buyer's guide to ...
- Christmas in the Clouds - Starring Tim Vahle, Sam Vlahos, Mari Ana Tosca, M. Emmet Walsh, Graham Greene