Komodo dragon: see monitor, in zoology.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Komodo dragon from Fact Monster:
- Sorry, Wrong Animal - Sorry, Wrong Animal The American buffalo is not a buffalo; it is a bison. IMSI Master Clips The ...
- REPTILES - Reptiles are ectothermic (cold-blooded) animals. They cannot generate their own body heat and many bask in the sun to get warm. Tough, dry scales cove
- monitor, in zoology - monitor monitor, any of various dragonlike, mostly tropical lizards. A monitor lizard has a heavy ...
- ATTACK - Flesh-eating dinosaurs had different methods of attack that varied with their size, agility, and victims. Large predators crept up on giant herbivores
- Where in the World Do Animals Live? - Where in the World Do Animals Live? Animals live only where they can survive. Koalas, for example, ...