krill: see crustacean.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on krill from Fact Monster:
- crustacean - crustacean crustacean , primarily aquatic arthropod of the subphylum Crustacea. Most of the 44,000 ...
- CRUSTACEANS - These invertebrates include crabs, barnacles, KRILL, and woodlice. They are sometimes called the insects of the sea, because they are the most numerou
- Antarctica: Antarctic Life - Antarctic Life There is no native human population in Antarctica, nor are there any large land ...
- CRUSTACEANS - Crustaceans have a hard, jointed external skeleton, called an exoskeleton, that protects them like armour. They have five pairs of jointed legs, and i
- whale: Types of Whales - Types of Whales There are two major groups of whales—the toothed whales (suborder Odontoceti) ...