light-emitting diode: see diode.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on light-emitting diode from Fact Monster:
- Nick Holonyak - Biography of Nick Holonyak, Nick Holonyak invented the first light-emitting diodes (LEDs), which are used in many practical applications, including traffic lights and c…
- clock: Electric and Other Clocks - Electric and Other Clocks Electric clocks were made in the second half of the 19th cent. but were ...
- diode - diode diode , two-terminal electronic device that permits current flow predominantly in only one ...
- ELECTRONICS - Electronics goes beyond simple electricity. Using the TRANSISTOR and other COMPONENTS, such as resistors and capacitors, electronics allows us to cont
- LED - LED LED, light-emitting diode. See diode.