maize: see corn.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on maize from Fact Monster:
- milo, in botany - milo milo or milo maize:see sorghum.
- corn - corn corn, in botany. The name corn is given to the leading cereal crop of any major region. In ...
- agriculture: The Rise of Commercial Agriculture - The Rise of Commercial Agriculture As the Middle Ages waned, increasing communications, the ...
- FOOD PLANTS - Food chains begin with plants. The sugars they contain provide energy for plant-eating animals, which in turn feed meat-eaters. All plant parts are po
- Nancy Landon Kassebaum - Nancy Landon Kassebaum former U.S. senator from Kansas Born: 7/29/1932 Birthplace: Topeka, Kansas ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Plants