methanal, IUPAC name for formaldehyde.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on methanal from Fact Monster:
- methane - methane methane , CH4, colorless, odorless, gaseous saturated hydrocarbon; the simplest alkane. It ...
- methane series - methane series: methane series: see alkane.
- alkane - alkane alkane , any of a group of aliphatic hydrocarbons whose molecules contain only single bonds ...
- marsh gas - marsh gas: marsh gas: see methane.
- methyl - methyl methyl , CH3, organic free radical or alkyl group derived from methane by the removal of one ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Organic Chemistry