nanotechnology: see micromechanics.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on nanotechnology from Fact Monster:
- micromechanics - micromechanics micromechanics, the combination of minuscule electrical and mechanical components in ...
- NANOTECHNOLOGY - A nanometer is one billionth of a meter. This is about a million times smaller than the period on this line. Nanotechnology aims to make tiny machines
- NANOTECHNOLOGY - Nanotechnology gives us the ability to make incredibly small objects. Some of its methods came from microchip technology. Shapes are printed on to the
- MEDICAL RESEARCH - Huge resources are poured each year into studying diseases and finding new treatments. Some of the main focuses of research today are new drugs (inclu
- ELECTRICITY & MAGNETISM - Electricity is not just something you buy in a battery. It is one of the basic ingredients of the Universe. Everything around us is made of invisible
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Physics