nerve: see nervous system.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on nerve from Fact Monster:
- optic nerve - optic nerve: optic nerve: see vision.
- nervous system - nervous system nervous system, network of specialized tissue that controls actions and reactions of ...
- Your Body: A Peek Inside - Your Body: A Peek Inside Anatomists are people who study the human body. Everyone is unique. We ...
- Your Body's Systems - Systems of the body including circulatory, digestive, endocrine, immune, lymphatic, muscular, nervous, reproductive, respiratory, skeletal, and urinary.
- vision - vision vision, physiological sense of sight by which the form, color, size, movements, and distance ...