nitrifying bacteria: see nitrogen cycle.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on nitrifying bacteria from Fact Monster:
- nitrogen cycle - nitrogen cycle nitrogen cycle, the continuous flow of nitrogen through the biosphere by the ...
- autotroph - autotroph autotroph , in biology, an organism capable of synthesizing its own organic substances ...
- nitrogen cycle: Other Aspects of the Nitrogen Cycle - Other Aspects of the Nitrogen Cycle Decomposing animal remains and animal wastes also return ...
- NITROGEN - Nitrogen is needed to make proteins, which are vital to life. Plants and animals recycle nitrogen through the air and soil in a process called the NIT
- Encyclopedia: Moneran and Protistan - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Moneran and Protistan.