omnivore: see carnivore.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on omnivore from Fact Monster:
- carnivore - carnivore carnivore , term commonly applied to any animal whose diet consists wholly or largely of ...
- What Do You Call Them? - What Do You Call Them? Although these words sound scientific, they are commonly used to describe ...
- FEEDING - All animals must eat other organisms to survive. Animals can be divided into two main groups, according to their feeding habits: CARNIVORES (meat-eate
- FEEDING - Unlike plants, animals cannot make food from sunlight. Animals have to feed to produce the energy they need to grow, move, and reproduce. Some animals
- leatherback - leatherback leatherback, marine turtle, Dermochelys coriacea, found in tropical, subtropical, and ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Zoology: General