pahoehoe: see lava.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on pahoehoe from Fact Monster:
- lava - lava lava , molten rock that erupts on the earth's surface, either on land or under the ocean, ...
- VOLCANOES - Volcanoes are vents (openings) in the ground from which magma (molten rock), ash, gas, and rock fragments surge upwards, in an event called an eruptio
- EARTH - The rocky ball that forms our world is one of nine planets in the Solar System. Earth is a sphere, with a slight bulge in the middle at the Equator, a
- basalt - basalt basalt , fine-grained rock of volcanic origin, dark gray, dark green, brown, reddish, or ...
- Encyclopedia: Geology and Oceanography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Geology and Oceanography.