Pangaea: see continental drift.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Pangaea from Fact Monster:
- continental drift - continental drift continental drift, geological theory that the relative positions of the ...
- PLATE TECTONICS - Scientists believe that the Earth’s outer crust is made up of about huge fragments, called tectonic plates, that fit together like a cracked eggshell.
- Mesozoic era - Mesozoic era Mesozoic era [Gr.,=middle life], major division of geologic time (see Geologic ...
- plate tectonics: Movement of the Continents - Movement of the Continents According to plate tectonics, the ocean basins are viewed as transient ...
- DINOSAUR HABITATS - Not all the dinosaurs lived at the same time. Nor did they all live in the same part of the world. During the 180 million years that dinosaurs walked