pericardium: see heart.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on pericardium from Fact Monster:
- heart, in anatomy - heart heart, muscular organ that pumps blood to all parts of the body. The rhythmic beating of the ...
- Daniel Hale Williams - Williams, Daniel Hale Williams, Daniel Hale, 1858–1931, American surgeon, b. Hollidaysburg, ...
- heart, in anatomy: Anatomy and Function - Anatomy and Function The human heart is a pear-shaped structure about the size of a fist. It lies ...
- HEART - Blood is driven around the body by the heart, a powerful muscular pump that never stops beating. The heart is a dual pump. The left side sends blood t
- Encyclopedia: Anatomy and Physiology - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Anatomy and Physiology.