peripheral nervous system
peripheral nervous system: see nervous system.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on peripheral nervous system from Fact Monster:
- nervous system - nervous system nervous system, network of specialized tissue that controls actions and reactions of ...
- Your Body's Systems - Systems of the body including circulatory, digestive, endocrine, immune, lymphatic, muscular, nervous, reproductive, respiratory, skeletal, and urinary.
- nervous system: Anatomy and Function - Anatomy and Function In vertebrates the system has two main divisions, the central and the ...
- NERVOUS SYSTEM - The brain, nerves, and spinal cord make up the nervous system. It processes information from the sense organs and controls conscious “voluntary” actio
- NERVOUS SYSTEM - The nervous system is the body’s main control system. It is made up of the CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM (or CNS) and a network of NERVES that extend from th