Perseids (pûrˈsēĭdzˌ) [key]: see meteor shower.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Perseids from Fact Monster:
- The Perseids - A meteor shower is an increase in the number of meteors observed in a particular part of the sky. Meteor showers usually occur annually and with varying intensity.|In 2010, search the skies on August 12–13 for the Perseid meteor showers
- meteor shower - meteor shower meteor shower, increase in the number of meteors observed in a particular part of the ...
- Perseus, in astronomy - Perseus Perseus, in astronomy, northern constellation lying E of Cassiopeia and N of Taurus. It ...
- The Solar System - The Solar System Formation of the Solar System The Sun The Moon The Moon's Phases Some Facts ...
- The Leonid Meteor Shower - The Leonid meteor shower is a barrage of shooting stars that appears every year on or about November 17.