petrol: see gasoline.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on petrol from Fact Monster:
- gasoline - gasoline gasoline or petrol,light, volatile mixture of hydrocarbons for use in the ...
- Charles Handy - Charles Handy management educator, writer Born: 1932 Birthplace: Dublin, Ireland After studying at ...
- ROAD VEHICLES - Vehicles use engines of different kinds to move people and cargo from place to place. Most cars and motorbikes have petrol engines, but vans and truck
- ROCKETS - There would be no space exploration without rockets, but they are not a modern invention. The Chinese developed the first rockets around ad 1200. Unli
- HYDROGEN - You cannot see, taste, or smell hydrogen, yet this element makes up over 90 per cent of matter. The Sun and stars are made of hydrogen gas. On Earth,
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Organic Chemistry