Phobos (fōˈbŏs) [key], in astronomy, innermost moon, or natural satellite, of Mars.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Phobos from Fact Monster:
- NASA's 50th Anniversary - NASA 50 anniversary slideshows from people in space to moons of our solar system.|Celebrating NASA's birthday with fantastic slideshows featuring astronauts, spacecrafts, moons, planets, and more
- Mars, in astronomy: Satellites of Mars - Satellites of Mars Mars has two natural satellites, discovered by Asaph Hall in 1877. The innermost ...
- Moons of the Solar System - Find images and information about our moons of the solar system, including Luna, Phobos, Callisto, and more.
- MARS - The fourth planet from the Sun, Mars is one of Earth’s closest neighbours. Mars has a slight atmosphere (mainly carbon dioxide), and ice caps at the p
- MARS - This rocky planet has a thin atmosphere and ice caps at its poles. Strong winds can whip up dust storms that cover the whole planet. All the water on