pimple, small pointed elevation of the skin that may or may not contain pus. The formation of pimples is frequently associated with infection, irritation, or overactivity of the sebaceous and sweat glands. Repeated eruptions of pimples are often termed acne.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on pimple from Fact Monster:
- gooseflesh - gooseflesh gooseflesh, temporary rumpling of the skin into tiny bumps, also called goose bumps and ...
- goose bumps - goose bumps goose bumps or goose pimples:see gooseflesh.
- Wacky Town Names - Oddly named towns and cities in the United States.
- All Made Up - All Made Up Women and men have always used paints, powders, dyes, and perfumes to decorate their ...
- Counterfeit Money - Counterfeit Money Source: The U.S. Secret Service Counterfeiting of money is one of the oldest ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Pathology