planetary nebula: see nebula.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on planetary nebula from Fact Monster:
- nebula - nebula nebula [Lat.,=mist], in astronomy, observed manifestation of a collection of highly rarefied ...
- Ring nebula - Ring nebula Ring nebula, planetary nebula in the northern constellation Lyra; cataloged as M57 or ...
- Lyra - Lyra Lyra [Lat.,=the lyre], northern constellation lying S of Draco, E of Hercules, and W of ...
- STARS - Great globes of intensely hot gas called stars pour light and heat into space. A star is born in a vast NEBULA of gas and dust and may shine steadily
- Encyclopedia: Astronomy: General - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Astronomy: General.