plate: see electron tube.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on plate from Fact Monster:
- plating - plating plating, application of a plate, or coat, of metal to a surface for decoration, reflection ...
- Río de la Plata - Plata, Río de la Plata, Río de la , estuary, c.170 mi (270 km) long, SE South ...
- Continental Drift and Plate-Tectonics Theory - Continental Drift and Plate-Tectonics Theory Source: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Geological Survey ...
- River Plate - Plate, River: Plate, River: see Plata, Río de la.
- PLATE TECTONICS - Scientists believe that the Earth’s outer crust is made up of about huge fragments, called tectonic plates, that fit together like a cracked eggshell.