quahog: see clam.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on quahog from Fact Monster:
- American Indian Loan Words - English words taken from Indian languages
- clam - clam clam, common name for certain bivalve mollusks, especially for marine species that live buried ...
- Rhode Island - Information on Rhode Island — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Encyclopedia: Zoology: Invertebrates - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Zoology: Invertebrates.
- State Symbols - State Symbols State Song Bird Tree Flower Alabama “Alabama” (1931) yellowhammer (1927) ...