respiratory system: see respiration.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on respiratory system from Fact Monster:
- respiration - respiration respiration, process by which an organism exchanges gases with its environment. The ...
- RESPIRATORY SYSTEM - The respiratory system provides your body cells with the oxygen they need and rids them of carbon dioxide, a waste product. Playing a central part in
- Your Body's Systems - Systems of the body including circulatory, digestive, endocrine, immune, lymphatic, muscular, nervous, reproductive, respiratory, skeletal, and urinary.
- endoderm - endoderm endoderm , in biology, inner layer of tissue formed in the gastrula stage of the ...
- nalorphine - nalorphine nalorphine , derivative of morphine that acts to reverse the effects of morphine and ...