silicon dioxide: see silica.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on silicon dioxide from Fact Monster:
- silica - silica silica or silicon dioxide,chemical compound, SiO2. It is insoluble in water, slightly ...
- Glossary of Chemical Terms - Q - quanta · quantum · quartz · quench · quicklime
- quartz - quartz quartz, one of the commonest of all rock-forming minerals and one of the most important ...
- oxide - oxide oxide, chemical compound containing oxygen and one other chemical element. Oxides are widely ...
- MICROELECTRONICS - Microelectronics shrinks circuits to microscopic size. It is the power behind technology from computers to mobile phones. It came from one crucial inv