starfish: see sea star.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on starfish from Fact Monster:
- sea star - sea star sea star, also called starfish, echinoderm of the class Asteroidae, common in tide pools. ...
- Animals that Regenerate - Animals that Regenerate Many animals can regenerate—that is, regrow or grow new parts of ...
- What's that Animal Number? - What's that Animal Number? Mayflies have a life span of about two hours. A slug has four noses. ...
- ECHINODERMS - Starfish, brittle stars, sea urchins, and sea cucumbers all belong to the family of echinoderms. These slow-moving, headless invertebrates are the onl
- ECHINODERMS - Echinoderms have a spiny body that usually divides into five equal parts. They walk on hundreds of tube feet that are full of water. If they lose part