sulphide: see sulfide.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on sulphide from Fact Monster:
- sulfide - sulfide sulfide, chemical compound containing sulfur and one other element or sulfur and a radical. ...
- OCEAN FLOOR - Just a century ago, the ocean floor was largely unknown. Now we know that the deep oceans have features such as mountains, deep valleys, and vast plai
- GLASS - First made over 5,000 years ago, glass is a thick liquid that never completely sets (hardens). That is why old window panes are thicker at the bottom
- WATER - The simple combination of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom creates a water molecule (H2O). Water is the most common compound on Earth, making up
- Encyclopedia: Compounds and Elements - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Compounds and Elements.