terrapin (tĕrˈəpĭn) [key], name for several edible turtles of fresh or brackish water.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on terrapin from Fact Monster:
- Roy Campbell - Campbell, Roy Campbell, Roy, 1901–57, South African poet and satirist. After some time in ...
- turtle - turtle turtle, a reptile of the order Chelonia, with strong, beaked, toothless jaws and, usually, ...
- REPTILES - This group of scaly-skinned, backboned animals includes snakes, lizards, crocodiles, hard-shelled turtles, and the tuatara, from New Zealand. Most rep
- REPTILES - Reptiles are ectothermic (cold-blooded) animals. They cannot generate their own body heat and many bask in the sun to get warm. Tough, dry scales cove
- Jerry Garcia - Biography of Jerry Garcia, Leader of The Grateful Dead