Thebe (thēˈbē) [key], in astronomy, one of the 39 known moons, or natural satellites, of Jupiter.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Thebe from Fact Monster:
- Thebes, city of ancient Greece - Thebes Thebes, chief city of Boeotia, in ancient Greece. It was originally a Mycenaean city. Thebes ...
- Seven against Thebes - Seven against Thebes Seven against Thebes, in Greek legend, seven heroes—Polynices, Adrastus, ...
- Thebes, city of ancient Egypt - Thebes Thebes , city of ancient Egypt. Luxor and Karnak now occupy parts of its site. The city ...
- Polynices - Polynices Polynices : see Seven against Thebes.
- Parthenopaeus - Parthenopaeus Parthenopaeus : see Seven against Thebes.