turbojet: see turbine.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on turbojet from Fact Monster:
- turbine - turbine turbine, rotary engine that uses a continuous stream of fluid (gas or liquid) to turn a ...
- Sir Frank Whittle - Whittle, Sir Frank Whittle, Sir Frank, 1907–, English aeronautical engineer. Whittle was one ...
- Famous Firsts in Aviation - Famous Firsts in Aviation Cayley's Helicopter Wilbur and Orville Wright with their second ...
- Passenger Planes: Concorde - Its futuristic style and Mach 2 speed made it the darling of the jetset
- ENGINES - Many modern machines, from motorbikes to jet aircraft, are powered by engines. An engine is a machine that turns fuel into movement. The fuel is burne