wind turbine: see under windmill.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on wind turbine from Fact Monster:
- windmill - windmill windmill, apparatus that harnesses wind power for a variety of uses, e.g., pumping water, ...
- GENERATORS - Generators convert energy from such sources as oil, gas, and wind into electrical energy. Like motors, they use the link between electricity and magne
- Types of Energy - Types of energy including renewable and nonrenewable sources.
- World Trade Center History - A guide to the World Trade Center
- ELECTRICITY & MAGNETISM - Electricity is not just something you buy in a battery. It is one of the basic ingredients of the Universe. Everything around us is made of invisible