Asmodeus (ăsˌmōdēˈəs) [key], demon of Hebrew story. He plays an important role in the Book of Tobit.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Asmodeus from Fact Monster:
- Ashmodai - Ashmodai Ashmodai , demon, probably Asmodeus.
- Raphael - Raphael Raphael , archangel. He is prominent in the book of Tobit, as the companion of Tobias, as ...
- demon - demon demon, supernatural being, generally malevolent in character. In general, the more civilized ...
- Tobit - Tobit Tobit [Gr. from Heb. Tobijah=“God is my good”], book of the Old Testament ...
- Encyclopedia: Biblical Proper Names - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Biblical Proper Names.