Bennington College, at Bennington, Vt.; coeducational (originally for women); chartered 1925, opened 1932. Its curriculum is based on individual interests and needs. All students are required to devote part of their time to off-campus employment, usually relating to their course of study. Many faculty members are practicing artists, and a close relationship between students and faculty is encouraged.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Bennington College from Fact Monster:
- Bennington - Bennington Bennington, town (1990 pop. 16,451), seat of Bennington co., SW Vt.; chartered 1749, ...
- Howard Nemerov - Nemerov, Howard Nemerov, Howard , 1920–91, American poet, novelist, and critic, b. New York ...
- Donna Tartt - Biography of Donna Tartt, Author of The Secret History
- Erich Fromm - Fromm, Erich Fromm, Erich , 1900–1980, psychoanalyst and author, b. Frankfurt, Germany, Ph.D. ...
- Vermont: Government, Politics, and Higher Education - Government, Politics, and Higher Education Vermont is governed under a constitution adopted in ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Colleges, U.S.