Bible Christians, denomination of Methodists in England founded by William O'Bryan. They seceded from the Wesleyan Methodist Church (1815–19) and in 1907 were merged with two other branches in the United Methodist Church.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Bible Christians from Fact Monster:
- Bible: The Bible as Christian Scripture - The Bible as Christian Scripture The traditional Christian view of the Bible is that it was written ...
- Bible - Bible Bible [Gr.,=the books], term used since the 4th cent. to denote the Christian Scriptures and ...
- Methodism: Branches of the Methodist Church - Branches of the Methodist Church In 1791, after Wesley's death, the English Methodists were ...
- CHRISTIANITY - Christians believe in one God with three aspects: God the father, God the son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus’s role as the Messiah, wh
- Joseph - Biography of Joseph, The husband of Mary, mother of Jesus