Dagon (dāˈgŏn) [key], god of fertility, widely worshiped in the Middle East, particularly in Canaan. In the Bible he is mentioned as one of the chief deities of the Philistines.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Dagon from Fact Monster:
- Ashdod - Ashdod Ashdod [Heb.,=stronghold], city (1994 pop. 120,100), SW Israel, on the Mediterranean Sea. It ...
- Yangon - Yangon Yangon , formerly Rangoon, city (1983 pop. 2,458,712), capital of Myanmar and of Yangon ...
- Conan the Destroyer - Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Wilt Chamberlain, Grace Jones
- Swimming - Swimming Men Event Time 100m Free Rowdy Gaines, USA 49.80 OR Mark Stockwell, AUS 50.24 Per ...
- Encyclopedia: Ancient Religion - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Ancient Religion.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Ancient Religion