dress: see costume.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on dress from Fact Monster:
- Religious Dress - Religious Dress People from many religions use dress as a sign of their faith. Sometimes a special ...
- Fashion and Dress: Hats, shoes, gloves, pants, Haute Couture - Learn about haute couture; the history of jeans, sneakers, and underpants; find a glossary of fashion terms, fashion firsts, colors, and much more.
- Weddings: dresses, traditions, quotations, cakes, movies, and more - Find information about weddings, wedding traditions, wedding dresses, honeymoon destinations, marriage quotations and movies, marriage statistics, and more.
- costume: National Dress - National Dress The traditional national dress of Western European countries has generally given way ...
- Movies, art, TV, music, holidays, architecture, fashion, calendars, toys - Learn about major world holidays, festivals around the world, oddball U.S. state holidays, birthstones, the seasons, the modern calendar, architecture, music, movies, TV, fashion, Oscars and Grammys