Edinburgh, University of
Edinburgh, University of, at Edinburgh, Scotland; founded 1583. It has faculties of divinity, law, medicine, arts, science, music, social sciences, and veterinary medicine. The Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities, the Institute for Applied Language Studies, New College, and the Edinburgh School of Agriculture are associated with the university.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on University of Edinburgh from Fact Monster:
- Benjamin Waterhouse - Waterhouse, Benjamin Waterhouse, Benjamin, 1754–1846, American physician, b. Newport, R.I. He ...
- Cyrus GRIFFIN - GRIFFIN, Cyrus (1748—1810) GRIFFIN, Cyrus, a Delegate from Virginia; born in Farnham, ...
- James HENRY - HENRY, James (1731—1804) HENRY, James, a Delegate from Virginia; born in Accomac County, Va., ...
- William CRAWFORD - CRAWFORD, William (1760—1823) CRAWFORD, William, a Representative from Pennsylvania; born in ...
- J. K. Rowling Trivia - Trivia about J. K. Rowling