Ephron (ēˈfrŏn) [key], in the Bible. 1 Owner of the cave of Machpelah. 2 City, E of the Jordan, captured by Judas Maccabeus. 3 Mount, near Kiryat-jearim.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ephron from Fact Monster:
- Nora Ephron - Nora Ephron screenwriter, director, actress Born: 5/19/1941 Birthplace: New York City Noted ...
- You've Got Mail - Starring Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan, Greg Kinnear, Parker Posey, Dave Chappelle
- Machpelah - Machpelah Machpelah , cave, near Hebron; also called the Cave of the Patriarchs. The Book of ...
- Sleepless in Seattle - Starring Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan, Bill Pullman, Ross Malinger, Rosie O'Donnell
- Michael - Starring John Travolta, William Hurt, Andie MacDowell