Florida International University
Florida International University, primarily at University Park, Miami; coeducational; chartered 1965, opened 1972. A research university, it has 18 colleges and schools and many specialized centers and institutes, including those in biomedical engineering, database research, environmental technology, tropical biology, and hurricane research; the National Hurricane Center is at University Park. The university also has North Miami and Pembroke Pines campuses, and operates the Wolfsonian museum in Miami Beach.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Florida International University from Fact Monster:
- America's Best Beaches, 2007 - America's Best Beaches, 2006 Name Location 1. Fleming Beach Park Maui, Hawaii 2. Caladesi ...
- Ileana ROS-LEHTINEN - ROS-LEHTINEN, Ileana (1952—) ROS-LEHTINEN, Ileana, a Representative from Florida; born Ileana ...
- America's Best Beaches, 2008 - Find out what beaches are the best to visit in the United States for 2008.
- America's Best Beaches, 2007 - America's Best Beaches, 2007 Name Location 1. Ocracoke Lifeguarded Beach Outer Banks, North ...
- America's Best Beaches, 2009 - Find out what beaches are the best to visit in the United States for 2009.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Colleges, U.S.